LandSense project starting
LandSense - a Citizen Observatory and Innovation marketplace for Land Use and Land Cover Monitoring - will build an innovative citizen observatory in the field of Land Use Land Cover (LULC), which collects data both actively (through citizens) and passively (from authoritative, and open access sources) and integrates them to provide valuable quality-assured in-situ data for SMEs, larger businesses, government agencies, NGOs and researchers. There is currently no single marketplace that brings together the growing demand for in-situ data for the monitoring of land use. LandSense will build such a marketplace to attract a vast community of users across numerous disciplines and sectors and thereby boost Europe’s role in the business of in-situ monitoring. LandSense will also provide multiple pathways for citizen empowerment that go beyond simple data collection by providing a range of engagement tools that will allow the voices of citizens to be heard.
Project is lead by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA, Austria) and joins partners from all across the Europe:
- Birdlife International (UK),
- Sinergise, Slovenia
- University of Nottingham, UK
- InoSens doo, Serbia
- GeoVille Information Systems GmbH, Austria
- Environment Agency Austria, Austria
- Institut National de l’Information Géographique et Forestière, France
- European Citizen Science Association, Germany
- StZ Felis, Germany
- University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Joint Research Centre (JRC), Italy
- Secure Dimensions, Germany
- Friends of the Earth/Global 2000, Austria
- City of Heidelberg, Germany
- KriticalMass Ltd., UK
Sinergise plays an important role in the project as it leads the infrastructure work package, being responsible to build LandSense Engagement Platform. We will be using our existing tools such as Geopedia, Sentinel Hub and Giselle Farm Management.
Check LandSense project web-site to be informed about the project activities and results.